Thursday, July 20, 2006

Comic Con: Thursday Night, Day 2 Post 2.

This post is more for those just attending on Saturday, but this post is an outline for all those who want to know how to navigate around the convention when they first get there. The convention center istelf is huge and can be scary to some especially if they have no idea where to go, so I hope to help those of you coming for the first time with this post. Here is a picture of what the convention center looks like from First and Harbor street.



The front of the convention center

This next picture is to show the length of the convention center on Harbor. According to the official events guide booklet. There is parking underneath the convention center, but it feels up fast so either get there early... or park at the Multi-level parking structure at 8th and harbor (across from Petco Park).




It's a big building isn't it?

This next picture is of the underground parking structure at the convention center.



The fee to park here is $8.00... I'm unsure of the price of other locations. For Saturday attendees, try to park here around 9:00 or earlier (even though the lost show starts at 10:30)

The building itself is marked in sections about every 100 yards or so. Sections A-F is what the building houses and to register bring your barcode from the online registration and a picture ID. The registration area is in section C.



you'll start here and you can see b in the distance...





here's letter C, where you'll be heading for registration.

Right past letter C is a buge set of stairs. If you take these stairs up to the top and then make a left, you'll be at Ballroom 20, where the lost convetion will take place on Saturday.




big stairs... my hamstrings were tight after running up these... but don't worry I didn't trip and get a talking to by a brotha.

Here's the picture of what the hallway next to the room looks like. Ballroom 20 is huge!



They have it in sections for smaller events, but the lost convetion will take all sections of ballroom 20.

According to the people I talked to in charge, the waiting line will start either in front of Ballroom 20 or in front of the outside of the building it's located in.



Here's the possible start of the wait line.


Well that will conclude this post.... hope you'll all find your way here if it's your first time!

9 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I'm not going :(, but I love all the pictures and info., and it's very nice and thoughtful of you!

2:45 AM  
Blogger NobleLawyer said...

You rock! I can't go but love your detailed blog and all the pics. Thank you for sharing this experience and letting all of us "tag" along.

5:44 AM  
Blogger maven said...

I'm virtually attending this thing thanks to you, tapdawg!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Ma T said...

Great blog tapdawg! Looks like a blast- I wish I wasn't trapped way out here in the Midwest. I am really looking forward to your updates over the weekend. I have a feeling those Lost programs are going to fill up quickly. I'd get there super duper early to ensure a good seat if I were you. Remember, you are our eyes and ears! Ooh, I hope RB shows up after she investigates the Darla/Hugh apt. to expose Hanso. That would be a great reward for all the "virtual" hard work we've been doing! Enjoy every minute. Cheers!

8:00 AM  
Blogger tapdawg said...

Hey all, thanks for your kind words... you're amazing... As for when I'll be leaving my hotel.... I've got the earliest shuttle at 7am picking me up so i can start waiting in line... i think that should be enough time.

8:31 AM  
Blogger RyaNDrumZ said...

I've never been and this will help. Looks like a zoo. Thanks so much and maybe we'l run into eachother at Comic-Con,

Later

9:19 AM  
Blogger tapdawg said...

You can expect to pay what you would at the Anaheim Convention Center. I didn't actually eat food from the convention center... but the starbucks coffee was about 25-50 more per cup... so that might help you with some idea.

I'd say bring 50 bucks for parking, eating, and for an item if you want to buy one. I have used about 200 bucks in the two days i was at the convention, but that's because i was buying alot of items... both lost and non lost items...

3:50 PM  
Blogger tapdawg said...

25 cents - 50 cents not percent.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Nazer Lagrimas Jr said...

Wow you're getting there way early, but that'll pay off. I personally have never eaten at the con...but I live in san diego so I know where all the food is pretty much. I have a bunch of friends who bring a few snacks and stuff to keep them through the day, then they go for a big dinner, but I know theres people who need to eat during the day. There's a lot of food outside the center, just gotta walk a block or two. See you all tomorrow. I'll be wearing my Lost question mark shirt.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home